COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
M.B. Kouri Insurance Brokers Ltd. collects, uses and discloses your Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you.
- Making decisions about insurance applications, assessing eligibility for coverage, processing and maintaining insurance coverage, renewal of coverage or related products and services.
- Analyzing, assessing and underwriting risks on a prudent basis.
- Responding to your inquires about applications.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information you provide on applications or other forms, which may include your name, address, email address, age and mortgagee’s.
- Information we acquire and/or share from other persons (such as industry associations, insurers, mortgagees) to verify your identity and the accuracy of the information provided.
- Information about you received from affiliates, insurers, other intermediaries, third party providers and others for underwriting or claims purposes (such as previous insurance and claims history) about our Clients and Participants.
All personal and business data is kept on secure servers with access limited to only employees of M.B. Kouri Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Our employees understand their responsibility to not disclose your information without your consent. Our privacy policies and procedures are clearly set out in our staff manuals and employment contacts we have with our employees. These contacts include a confidentiality agreement binding our employees to not disclose any private information pertaining to our clients during their employment and after termination of employment.
Communication over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, we do not assume any responsibility for any harm, loss, or damage that might occur by the sending of personal and confidential information, but we will continue to use appropriate technologies and maintain high security standards to ensure the protection of your information.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OTHERS
Third parties to whom we disclose information are required to keep your Personal Information confidential and secure. Personal Information may only be used or disclosed for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate, under the circumstances and in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial legislation such as to assess eligibility for coverage, process and maintain insurance coverage, renewal of coverage or related products and services we disclose to insurance companies, re insurers, intermediaries, or other brokers affording the coverage.
If required or permitted to do so by law, we will disclose your Personal Information to third parties without obtaining your prior approval or providing you with notice thereof.
Your acknowledgement of and consent to M.B. Kouri Insurance Brokers Ltd. collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices.
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information to us directly or through another insurance broker or representative for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contact or related service or product (including information previously provided to M.B. Kouri Insurance Brokers Ltd.)
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application or claims process.
- Your verbal consent solicited by M.B. Kouri Insurance Brokers Ltd. for a specified purpose.
Your consent may be given through your authorized representative such as legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney. Subject to reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
We ask that you notify us promptly of any changes in your personal information. Your private information maintained in our office is available for you to review, verify and correct if necessary.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy of your information, please contact us:
Address: 1294 Mountain Road, RR#2
Tamworth, Ontario K0K 3G0
Toll Free Phone: 1-800-465-6874
Local Phone: 613-379-2313